List/Grid Veterinary Clinic Subscribe RSS feed of category Veterinary Clinic

Plastic Easter Grass: A Danger to Pets

Plastic Easter Grass: A Danger to Pets

With Easter just around the corner, have you started shopping for items to fill your child’s Easter basket? If so, this is a good time to remind those with pets in the home to be careful when using the popular plastic Easter “grass” to fill that basket. Like Christmas tinsel, pets are not able to digest these plastic strands, and it can bunch up in your pet’s digestive tract causing intestinal blockages which may require surgery.  Strands of the grass can actually get wrapped around the base of your pet’s tongue causing injury. While plastic Easter grass can be a hazard to dogs or cats, it is especially enticing to cats that are drawn to play with the strands.

Continue Reading–26 words totally

© 2019 Pezoogle News. All rights reserved. XHTML / CSS Valid.

Bad Behavior has blocked 64 access attempts in the last 7 days.